Roger Hickey is the Chief Executive Officer of Global Economics Group LLC. He founded and manages the firm and consults on finance, intellectual property, and strategy matters. He is also President of Market Platform Dynamics, LLC an affiliated company, which helps companies profit from industry disruption caused by the introduction of new technologies, new business models and/or new competitive threats in payments and platforms industries.
- Roger Hickey
- Founder & CEO, Chicago
- Intellectual Property
Mr. Hickey is active in all aspects of early stage companies and the development, licensing and management of intellectual property. His consulting experience includes valuation, corporate governance, strategic consulting for start-up companies, international trade economics, and securities. Before Global Economics Group, Mr. Hickey was the founder of Chicago Partners LLC and served as its president for twelve years. He also founded and managed an intellectual property licensing and development company.
Mr. Hickey is Vice Chairman and co-founder of American Epay Inc., which provides integrated time and attendance, payroll management and payment solutions to labor intensive companies. Previously, he was Chairman of the Board of American Ecology, Inc. (symbol ECOL) and served on the compensation and executive committees.
Mr. Hickey has an MBA from the University of Chicago and an AB from Georgetown University.
Representative Professional Experience
- Chicago Partners, LLC :: President (1994 “ 2006)
- Founded and managed firm which specializes in consulting engagements involving economics, finance, risk management, strategy, and intellectual property.
- Syndia Corporation :: President (1994 “ 2006)
- Founded intellectual property development company specializing in materials science applications. Firm controlled over thirty patents. With R&D team, developed strategy to create new intellectual property and helped reduce patents to form, developed market research, and supported licensing and other negotiations. Lead licensing program in thin film and electronics applications.
- Lecg, Inc. :: Senior Consultant and Director Chicago Office (1991 “ 1994)
- Managed staff engagements in antitrust, intellectual property, international trade, market research and traditional management consulting. Provided financial analysis for litigation and matters before the U.S. International Trade Commission, Department of Commerce, and U.S. Trade Representative.
- Member, Young President’s Organization
- Treasurer, Trustee, and Chairman of Finance Committee, Hales Franciscan High School (1998 “ 2001)
- Finance Committee, Peter Fitzgerald for U.S. Senate
- The Economic Club of Chicago