Director, San Jose
Dr. Frank Jones is a Director at Global Economics Group, as well as a Professor in the Accounting and Finance Department in the College of Business at San Jose State University. Dr. Jones joined The College of Business in 2004 after retiring from a twenty-three year career as a financial executive on Wall Street. During his last thirteen years before retiring, Dr. Jones was Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer of Guardian Life Insurance Company where he was responsible for up to $30 billion investments in stocks, bonds and real estate for Guardianâ€™s general account, mutual funds and pension fund.
From 2000 to 2010, Dr. Jones was also on the Board of the International Securities Exchange (ISE), the first electronic options exchange. During his tenure at ISE, he was Vice Chairman and Chairman of the Board, Chairman of the Compensation Committee, Chairman of the Corporate Governance Committee, a member of Finance and Audit Committee and a member of the IPO committee. Dr. Jones was the Vice Chairman when the ISE conducted its IPO in 2005 and Chairman when ISE merged into Deutsche Borse of Frankfurt, Germany in 2007. He stepped down from the Board in 2010 due to term limits.
Currently, Dr. Jones is also Chairman of the Investment Committee and also a principal of Private Ocean Wealth Management of San Rafael, California. He is also a consultant (on Valuation) for Tezzaron semiconductor Corporation.
Dr. Jones has a Ph.D. in economics from Stanford University; M.S. in nuclear engineering from Cornell University; M.B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh; and B.A. and B.S. from the University of Notre Dame.
Dr. Jones has written several books, chapters in books and articles and is a frequent public speaker. He is also a member of the Q Group (Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance), where he is on the Research Committee, and is on the editorial board of the Journal of Investment Management.
Prior to Guardian, Dr. Jones has also been:
• Director of Global Fixed Income Research and Economics, Merrill Lynch;
• Director and Member of the Board of Directors, Barclays De Zoete World; Government
• Managing Director, Kidder Peabody & Co.;
• Senior Vice President, New York Stock Exchange; and
• Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Office, New York Futures Exchange.
While on Wall Street, Dr,. Jones was also:
• Adjunct Associate Professor of Finance at New York University, Stern School of Business;
• Lecturer at Yale University, School of Management;
• Adjunct Professor, Columbia University School of Business; and
• Guest Lecturer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Business.
Our experts have worked on some of the most significant legal and regulatory matters of the last quarter-century.