Vice President, Chicago
Labor and Discrimination
PhD in Sociology (Demography); Jeremy is a CFA charter-holder.
Jeremy Marmer, PhD, CFA, is Vice President with Global Economics Group LLC, specializing in engagements regarding securities fraud valuation, labor and discrimination, and financial regulation.
He has more than twenty years of experience in litigation consulting.
Dr. Marmer has managed expert reports and damages analyses pertaining to all aspects of securities fraud class action matters and collaborates with clients regarding the construction of plans of allocation at settlement.
Dr. Marmer has served as an expert assisting companies with reduction-in-force and OFCCP matters, and has analyzed the pay growth, promotion, termination, and hiring of protected groups as part of large, class action labor discrimination cases. He has also served as a consulting expert assisting companies implement remediation plans regarding mutual fund FINRA regulatory matters.
Dr. Marmer holds a PhD in Sociology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he was trained as a demographer at the Carolina Population Center. He has a BS in Economics and a BA in Sociology from the University of Pennsylvania.
Securities Fraud Valuation
• Managed class action securities expert reports, including analyses for market efficiency, price impact, materiality, loss causation, and damages, and specializing in plans of allocation.
• Evaluated gains and unjust enrichment from vested accelerated options using the Black-Scholes option pricing model.
Labor and Discrimination
• Investigated potential disparate impact by race, sex, and age regarding proposed reduction-in-force matters for a variety of large corporate clients.
• Examined differences in wages, wage growth, and hiring, promotion, and termination rates in the context of class action discrimination litigation using corporate payroll records in many industries including agri-businesses, pharmaceuticals, insurance, and printing.
• Expert consultant for large financial planning firms with regard to FINRA mutual fund remediation and NAV Transfer issues. Created a complex share tracking program used to guide remediation.
• Replicated complex residual models stemming from home equity securitizations and evaluated the reasonableness and efficacy of the models via sensitivity analyses.
Our experts have worked on some of the most significant legal and regulatory matters of the last quarter-century.