B.A., Economics, from Wesleyan University (Connecticut); MBA from the Ross School at The University of Michigan
Paul Mokdessi is a Principal with the Global Economics Group, and works with the executive management of banks and other financial institutions to navigate their risk, regulatory and business challenges. He has 30+ years of experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Global Economics Group, he led Capco’s Finance, Risk and Compliance practice in the US. Prior to Capco, Paul was Managing Director at Ernst & Young, where he was responsible for the Financial Services Risk Management practice in the Midwest. He has also served in senior leadership positions with PwC and ABN Amro.
Paul has extensive experience in integrated enterprise risk management and global trading markets. His unique set of experiences and leadership roles in risk and regulatory subject matter, technology strategy and execution, and sustainable change management provides exceptional value to a senior executive team.
Paul’s engagement experience includes:
- Led the effort for a domestic US bank in the full development and rollout of its operational risk management (ORM) program, including risk assessment processes and core technology implementation.
- Developed compliance and conduct program improvements for a large consumer finance organization, including AML/KYC.
- Established the regulatory change program and core risk and compliance processes for a global derivatives utility, responding to SEC mandates.
- Led a group-wide project to create a global regulatory change blueprint, and improve the key operations, IT and data projects resulting from Dodd-Frank regulation.
- Modernized the CCAR capital management and effective challenge and control processes for a global bank, answering regulatory imperatives.
- Integrated the disparate governance processes and supporting technologies of key corporate functions: Internal Audit, Operational Risk, IT Risk Management, SOX, and Credit Review.
He received his BA in Economics from Wesleyan University (Connecticut), and his MBA from the Ross School at The University of Michigan.
Our experts have worked on some of the most significant legal and regulatory matters of the last quarter-century.