Scott is a Principal at Global Economics Group and works with clients to analyze, size and scope competitive and strategic market conditions and assess the economic impact of market dynamics utilizing data from a variety of secondary and primary sources.
His work includes the creation of operationally based financial models to identify and measure KPIs, enabling quality strategic decisions including: product design and pricing, market sizing and revenue potential, financing and capital structure alternatives, operational and financial risk/return, and sensitivity analysis. He has 20 years of experience in the area of competitive and industry data analysis, industry research, and valuation analysis to support financial plans, including the development of sophisticated financial models to determine the impact of revenue and profitability growth on the value of a business, market or market niche. He is a key GEG project resource on matters involving the examination of the competitive payments landscape and the size and scope of key market opportunities therein.
Scott was a former co-Founder of Trinity Capital Services, an investment bank based in Denver. Co. Prior to his work with Trinity, Scott served as director of planning and analysis for Qwest Digital Media, LLC, in Denver. As a senior consultant with Chicago Partners, LLC, in Chicago, he conducted financial and economic analysis in dispute resolution matters involving security and derivative security pricing and portfolio valuation, security fraud, and corporate governance. Scott has also held positions of senior risk management consultant for CP Risk Management, LLC (subsidiary of Chicago Partners), associate with the Law & Economics Consulting Group, Inc. (Washington, D.C.), and economist for the United States International Trade Commission (Washington, D.C.). Scott received his Masters of Business Administration from the University of Chicago in 1998.
Operational Financial Plans
Mr. Murray has been engaged to assist operating entities in developing financial tools to operation and mange business and optimize capital structure decisions and facilitate mergers and acquisitions. Representative matters include:
• Coolerado Corporation: Developed financial model and tool to optimize capital formation process.
• Storm Products: Developed financial tools to communicate operating plan and assist in valuation negotiation of the sale of the business.
• Econergy: Developed financial tools to support public offering on the AIM market in London.
Operational Financial Plans
Mr. Murray has extensive experience in developing company valuations for use by the company directly or in valuation negotiations
• Enscicon: Developed valuation analysis for the company’s two operating entities for option valuation and reorganization purposes.
• In-Flight Airphone: Created financial forecasts and valuation for the AT&T airphone business. Forecasted cash flows based on non-public information and the cellular industry historical trends.
Mr. Murray has extensive experience in creating and analyzing data for statistical relationship and forecasting. Representative matters include:
• Proterra: Reviewed fleet data for all transit agency bus fleets in North America to develop projections for alternative fuel vehicle adoption rates over the next 10 years.
• Drugs: Developed a data base for prescription drug sales in the United States for analyzing Robinson Patman act claims. Calculated pricing differences and but-for pricing expected without discriminatory pricing practices.
Our experts have worked on some of the most significant legal and regulatory matters of the last quarter-century.