Gabriel T. Ratliff is a Director with Global Economics Group, LLC. He has worked extensively on engagements involving the valuation of privately-held interests, particularly in the context of estate, gift, and income tax disputes, as well as shareholder disputes.
- Gabriel Ratliff
- Director, Chicago
- (312) 470-6513
- Securities, Valuation, and General Damages
His engagement experience includes assisting with the development of numerous appraisals involving interests in bank holding companies, automobile suppliers, natural resources companies, food product corporations, packaging manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, telecommunications firms, hospitality corporations, financial service providers, family limited partnerships, among others. Mr. Ratliff has also provided consulting services on various litigation engagements and projects involving patent and trademark infringement, breach of contract, antitrust, securities and corporate fraud, and executive compensation.
Prior to joining Global Economics Group, Mr. Ratliff was a consultant at Charles River Associates. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Indiana University and is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation with the American Society of Appraisers.
- Appraisal of equity interests in privately-owned companies, family limited partnerships, and closely-held limited liability companies and Subchapter S corporations involving a number of valuation issues, including key person discounts, voting right premiums, blockage discounts, control premiums, and discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability.
- Determination of value of receivables pursuant to split-dollar life insurance arrangements.
- Valuation of promissory notes and other debt instruments, such as self-cancelling installment notes.
- Valuation of intellectual property assets, including patents involving mining technology and pharmaceutical formulations.
Economic Damages and Intellectual Property Litigation
- Quantification of reasonable royalties, lost profits, and convoyed sales in patent litigation disputes within the medical, information technology, telecommunications, and consumer appliance industries.
- Analysis of alleged damages resulting from the breach of contract by various food product suppliers.
- Analysis of alleged damages resulting from the security trading activities of an offshore hedge fund, as well as mutual fund marketing timing and late trading transactions.