Global Economics Group welcomes applications from respected experts in any of our practice areas who would enjoy partnering with us and our high-quality, multi-disciplinary research team to support them. Principals will generally have a PhD or other graduate degree and be recognized, especially by courts or regulatory authorities, as experts in their field. We offer generous variable compensation as well as benefits.
We are seeking a full-time Economist for an immediate start in our Antitrust/Competition Policy practice. The candidate should have a PhD in Economics (or has sufficiently completed all PhD coursework) from a leading university. The Economist will assist GlobalEcon’s team in all aspects of its antitrust engagements, including mergers, monopolization and abuse of dominance, horizontal coordination, and class certification.
Specific job requirements include:
- Exceptional econometric skills, including the ability to explain sophisticated concepts to individuals unfamiliar with the discipline.
- Practical experience using large datasets to organize and execute empirical analyses.
- Analytical skills of the highest caliber, including work with statistical software packages (SAS, STATA, R, etc.).
- Strong writing skills and ability to explicate technical work in a clear and concise manner.
- Concentration/specialization in industrial organization preferred.
- Ability to manage case projects, including directing staff, and allocating tasks efficiently
- Ability to work effectively under tight time pressure and a willingness to maintain a flexible schedule to meet internal and external deadlines.
We are looking for candidates with previous research or consulting experience in the areas of antitrust, labor economics, statistics, finance and/or valuation. Candidates must have a PhD in Economics or a similar discipline. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and a statistical programming language (e.g., SAS, STATA). Extensive economic modeling experience required.
We are looking for SAS programmers with 2-5 years of work experience who have routinely programed with large datasets and have written and developed code. In addition, the candidate must have obtained their BA or MA ideally in math, statistics, finance, economics, or a similar quantitative discipline.
Research Analysts and Associates
We are looking for both recent college graduates and candidates with 1-2 years of work experience who can provide research assistance and economic support on projects related to securities, antitrust, accounting, valuation, intellectual property, and labor. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and preferably a statistical programming language (e.g., SAS, STATA). BA or MA in highly quantitative discipline (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Mathematics) required.
Send your contact details
as well as a resume and cover letter to
Global Economic Group maintains a commitment to equal employment opportunity in all our employment practices. We will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic or status.